Workforce Training and Skills Support
Need a skill set on your team that is missing? We can help! Goodwill specializes in helping employers and their workers access training and also the funding to ease the training phase.
- Hiring and training incentives to assist with eligible employee skill development during the on-boarding phase for a new employee
- Funding up to $10,000 to purchase two-thirds of a worker’s eligible training costs – such as tuition and fees, textbooks and materials – Click Here for information about the Canada Ontario Job Grant to help your business.
- Apprenticeship registration bonus
- Help navigating the training and apprenticeship options
- We also offer a variety of credentials and can custom create training to meet your needs. We offer:
- Expert Customer Service
- Hands on Hospitality
- First Aid
- Fork Lift Training
- Computer/Digital Skills
- Personality Dimensions
- Bridges Out of Poverty – this can be a game changer for your business, both culturally and in meeting labour needs
- We offer much more and can help source training. We can train at your site or in one of our classrooms or conference spaces
Goodwill Source for Canada-Ontario Job Grant
Our government is partnering with employment agencies like Goodwill to help build Ontario’s workforce for the future through the Canada-Ontario Job Grant.
If you are an employer with specific workforce skill needs that can be developed through an existing purchased training program, Goodwill can help you access funding. The grant will fund, on average, two-thirds of a worker’s eligible training costs, to a maximum of $10,000. Eligible training costs include tuition and fees, textbooks and materials.
Employers must demonstrate need and a plan and training must be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer taking no longer than one year. For more information or to start an application, Click Here