Join us at the VON Family Supports Program Job Fair!
When: Thursday, November 12th, 2015 from 10:00am to 1:00pm
Where: Goodwill Career Centre, 255 Horton Street, London – 2nd Floor
VON is looking for positions to provide support to individuals with developmental disabilities, and respite support to their families in London, Middlesex, Elgin and Oxford areas.
- Provide support to children with a developmental and/or physical disability and adults with a developmental disability
- Assist people to develop skills and independence
- Access various community activities
- Assist families and VON to develop and implement individual support plans
- Work on a part-time independently contracted basis. Hours will vary depending on individual plans
- Experience providing support or care to individuals with a disability
- Education and training in related field is an asset
- Access to a vehicle for work purposes is preferred
- Patient, committed, reliable
- Ability to respect confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team providing support
About the Familyhome Program:
The Familyhome Program provides an opportunity for people over the age of 18 who have a developmental disability to live in a family environment. This program serves London, Middlesex, Elgin and Oxford Counties.
Individuals in the Familyhome Program are matched to families for the purposes of support in a residential setting. The program seeks to enhance the quality of life for all people supported through the program and provides planning for all aspects of a client’s life.
The Familyhome Program is seeking Familyhome Providers to provide a rewarding life-sharing experience, bringing your gifts, interests and skills to someone who will benefit from your home. Our providers have shared that they receive as much as they give!
For more information on the job fair, click here.