Training, Credentials and Apprenticeships
Many careers require skills that you may not be prepared for. You may need to upgrade your skills to give you that edge in landing a job and perhaps make a shift to a second career. Work skills, a credential to demonstrate your achievement, and work experience will give job seekers a significant advantage in this complex economy.
Goodwill can help you advance your skills by:
- Support to custom create a training plan to meet your needs or those of your desired employer
- Help navigating the many training options in schools, colleges and universities, continuing education, career colleges, apprenticeships and on the job training initiatives – short course credentials and certifications, online training, diplomas and degrees.
- Help accessing funding such as grants, employer incentives and loans
- We also offer a variety of learning options and credentials. Areas we specialized in at Goodwill include:
- Expert Customer Service
- Hands on Hospitality
- First Aid
- Fork Lift Training
- Computer/Digital Skills
Work Experience and Transitional Employment
Need New work experience to get a job? Then how do you break into the labour market where you don’t have skills, or how to you get that first job? Goodwill offers its own large and multifaceted work platform for work experience opportunities, or we can help you achieve a placement in a employer work setting relevant to your career aspirations. We offer:
- Paid or unpaid internships, co-ops or job shadowing at Goodwill – in areas such as logistics, transportation, retail, customer service, food and hospitality, marketing, human resources and more
- Transitional employment: a phased ‘earn while you learn’ initiative which offers a vehicle to learn and experience the customs and routines of the workplace, acquire job skills, establish an employment record and generate employer references to enhance competitiveness in the job market.
- Goodwill’s placement team can help you connect with business or organizations that can offer you work experience suited to career aspirations