Circles London Child Minder
Goodwill Platform: Circles®
Location: London, ON
Position Type: Volunteer
Application Deadline: ongoing
Working to end poverty.
Circles® is a community initiative coordinated by Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes that is comprised of caring and compassionate individuals who meet to share information, support, resources, meals, and friendship.
The Circles London program aims to help low-income Londoners transition off of social assistance by holistically building up the various resources that are necessary for moving beyond poverty. One of the key resources for getting ahead is access to healthy relationships and role modelling.
What’s a Children’s Ally Commitment?
- We want to provide consistent volunteers for the children who attend so we ask a minimum 6 month commitment to the role
- Roughly 1 night a week, 3 times a month
- We are also looking for part time volunteers who can attend once a month if able
- Continuous communication with Circles Coach about materials needed for programming
- Facilitation of recreation, crafts, and skill building curriculum
- Physically able to participate in recreational activities
- Ensure all children are treated with respect, honesty, and trust
- Ability to employ positive behavior-management methods
- Incorporate varied learning styles and developmental stages into activities
- ReThink Poverty Workshop
- Orientation to Circles and the role as a Children’s Ally
- Training related to new aspects of program as they evolve
- Circles staff to answer questions, provide mentoring and assist with conflict resolution
- Educational Background an asset (CYW, SSW, ECE, Teaching Degree)
- More than 5 years in a child minding environment
- High Five
- Health and Safety Training
If you feel you “fit the part”, we want to hear from you!
If you’re interested in volunteering as a Child Minder, please contact: