Circles London Ally
Goodwill Platform: Circles®
Location: London, ON
Position Type: Volunteer
Application Deadline: ongoing
About Circles® London
Working to end poverty.
Circles® London is a community initiative coordinated by Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes that is comprised of caring and compassionate individuals who meet to share information, support, resources, meals, and friendship.
The Circles® program aims to help low-income Londoners transition off of social assistance by holistically building up the various resources that are necessary for moving beyond poverty. One of the key resources for getting ahead is access to healthy relationships and role modelling.
What’s an Ally?
We are looking for Allies (mentors) to volunteer on an ongoing basis. This volunteer role is a one night a week commitment for a total of roughly eight hours per month. Allies will be paired with Leaders (program participants) and will attend our weekly Circles meetings. At Circles, we work collaboratively to assist Leaders with accessing necessary resources and we have discussions about how to solve complex systemic barriers that keep people stuck in poverty. Allies are required for both our Monday and Tuesday evening groups.
What’s in it for you?
- Eating a free meal with a great group of people
- Learning more about community resources and issues that affect people living in poverty
- Making friends with the people who live in your community
- Working collaboratively to build a more inclusive and sustainable community for all Londoners
Do you fit the part?
- An open mind
- A clean vulnerable persons screening
- Must have attended a ReThink Poverty workshop or be willing to attend a ReThink Poverty workshop at the first available opportunity
If you feel you “fit the part”, we want to hear from you!
If you’re interested in volunteering as an Ally, please contact: