ClothingWorks Wardrobe Consultant (Volunteer)
Goodwill Platform: ClothingWorks
Location: London, ON
Position Type: Volunteer
Application Deadline: ongoing
Give confidence to succeed.
When looking for a job, making a strong first impression is critical during the interview process. Unfortunately, many people in our community don’t have the resources or coaching to look their very best. That’s where ClothingWorks comes in.
ClothingWorks uses community support, such as donations of high quality clothing as well as the skills and time of dedicated staff and volunteers, to give job seekers clothing and confidence to make the best possible first impression with prospective employers.
What’s a Wardrobe Consultant?
Volunteer wardrobe consultants play an important role in helping our clients build their confidence. Our consultants provide encouragement, offer advice, and help them choose appropriate clothing/outfits… all to enable our clients have a great first impression and achieve their goals.
- Dedicated, friendly, and have great communication skills
- Reliable and able to contribute a minimum of 7 hours or 1 day per week
- A focused and customer service oriented individual with an understanding of fashion
- Dedicated to using your knowledge to assist clients in finding interview appropriate clothing, which compliments their physical appearance, personality and builds their confidence
- Committed to going above and beyond to ensure that each and every client is attended to with professionalism and efficiency and is satisfied with their experience
- A self-starter , who is also able to thrive in a team environment
- Detail conscious with excellent time management skills
- Flexible with availability
What’s in it for You?
- An excellent opportunity to give back to your community by helping those in need
- An opportunity to build connections, coach for success, and make a personal impact one individual at a time
- Fill an important role in helping people transition out of poverty and into the workforce
If you’re interested in volunteering as a ClothingWorks Wardrobe Consultant, please contact:
Carol McIntyre, Program Coordinator