Are you an experienced, A-Z Truck Driver living in the London, Ontario region? Would you like a job where you can come home every night to your own bed? Are you available for work on weekends and evenings? Do you want to experience great benefits, including support for your personal growth and development? If this sounds like an ideal job for you, consider joining Goodwill Industries, where our mission is to change lives and communities through the Power of Work.
Truck Drivers (A-Z)
Goodwill Platform: Donated Goods / Transportation
Job Location: London, Ontario
Position Type: Full time and Part time positions available
Changing lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development and employee and family strengthening for those who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
What’s a Truck Driver?
Reporting to the Logistics and After Market Sales Manager, this position will provide transportation, and/or garbage collection service to Goodwill stores and Attended Donation Centres throughout our territory.
What’s the role?
- Ensure 100% donor and customer service
- Ensure truck safety and notify transportation Supervisor of any maintenance needs
- Transport materials and goods between Goodwill sites within our territory, as well as other necessary sites (e.g.: Landfill), and assisting with loading and unloading
- Complete an accurate log sheet on a daily basis
- Perform other related activities as necessary or as assigned
Do you fit the part?
- Do you have a clear driving record?
- Are you a holder of a Class A-Z licence, with at least 1 year of driving experience?
- Are you proud to be a team player?
- Do you desire to learn and provide excellent customer service?
- Is your schedule flexible to work evenings, weekends and holidays?
- Are you able to meet the physical demands, including:
- Frequent crouching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Frequent lifting or carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Frequent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine
- Sitting for extended periods while maintaining attentiveness
What’s in it for you?
- Fun and challenging work environment
- Support for your personal growth and development goals
- Work/life balance- be home every night
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Please apply to:
Brian Fishleigh, Logistics and After Market Sales Manager