Goodwill Connections Program
Independence, inclusion and choice for people with developmental disabilities in Ontario
Activities in this program include:
- One-on-one or group sessions providing supports that help develop independence and social life skills
- Participation in the community via volunteerism, social activities as per individual plans
- Pre-employment supports including skills training, job coaching, resume development The goals of this service are independence, inclusion and choice for all people with developmental disabilities in Ontario.
Criteria to be eligible for Goodwill Connections:
- Must be referred from Developmental Services Ontario
- Over the age of 18
- Be motivated to participate in or benefit from training
Passport is a program that helps adults 18 years or older with a developmental disability to participate in their communities. It also provides respite opportunities for caregivers of an adult with a developmental disability.
Passport provides funding for services and supports so adults with a developmental disability can:
- Take part in community classes or recreational programs
- Develop work, volunteer, and daily life skills
- Hire a support worker
- Create their own life plans (this is called person-directed planning) to reach their goals
- Get temporary respite for their caregivers
Goodwill Connections currently has locations in both Chatham and Sarnia. For more information please call our Goodwill Connections in Chatham at 519-354-4400 or in Sarnia at 519-332-4333.