Edgar and Joe’s Café
Operated by Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, Edgar and Joe’s Café is a gathering space and food operation with a social purpose in London, Ontario’s SoHo district – ‘south of Horton’ – just south of the City’s downtown area.
Edgar and Joe’s Café fresh and local food available, affordable and approachable with healthy choices from a wide variety of foods made from scratch with locally sourced ingredients whenever possible.
The social purpose of Edgar and Joe’s Café is to:
- Employ, train and apprentice people to ready them for the food and hospitality labour market, an industry that has high labour needs and challenges
- Provide people, particularly those who face barriers, access to good, nutritious food and knowledge to improve health and wellbeing
- Provide a platform to dialogue, showcase success stories and learn/understand mental illness and social disadvantage with a view to breaking down stigma and eliminating attitudinal barriers
- Foster collaboration and community partnerships that embrace diversity, social justice and inclusion with an emphasis on health and wellbeing
- Serve as the main gathering, work break and event space for Goodwill staff, clients and customers and to welcome the neighbourhood and community to our facility
- Contribute to the vitality of the SoHo neighbourhood
Edgar and Joe’s Café is also the onsite caterer for the Goodwill Centre Town Hall, Community Hall and meeting room functions. Our Café space is also available for private functions after 5 on weekdays and after 3 on weekends.
Our Café also includes a Hands on Hospitality training program, community cooking and food preparation training.