Making a gift to Goodwill through your Estate
Estate planning as another meaningful way to give to Goodwill. A gift in your Will (a bequest) will create a lasting legacy – a gift of WORK that tackles poverty at its roots.
A bequest to Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes through your Will helps to ensure the future of the services we provide in our community, without diminishing your assets today. Such gifts are very meaningful, because they allow you — even after your death — to continue to support causes that are important to you.
Bequest types include
- Allocation to Goodwill of a specific asset or items from your estate, such as a vehicle, a piece of jewelry, or a gift of property
- Allocation to Goodwill of a specific dollar amount from your estate
- Allocation to Goodwill of the residual amount or a percentage of your estate
Advantages of bequests
- Reduce taxes—your estate will receive a valuable tax credit, which can be applied up to 100% of your net income in the year of death as well as the preceding year
- Flexibility—you may designate your charitable gift to a specific fund or project at Goodwill that interests you most
Following careful consideration of your personal and family needs, a bequest may be tailored to fit your particular circumstances and financial priorities. To ensure your wishes are honoured, this should be prepared with your lawyer. Goodwill can help you with this process.
Questions? We’d be happy to help you leave your legacy through Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes. For more information please contact us: