Vision, Mission, Mandate and Values
Everyone is WORKING in sustainable communities.
Changing lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Goodwill Industries, a non-profit social enterprise, provides work opportunities, skills development and employee and family strengthening for those who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage; with the aim of advancing individuals, families and communities toward self-sufficiency and prosperity.
- Help people overcome barriers to gain access to work and reach their full potential
- Create jobs
- Provide training, skills development and career advancement services
- Provide access to affordable goods for families and emerging microenterprises
- Divert millions of pounds of waste from landfill and help sustain the environment
- Foster social inclusion, alleviate poverty, and reduce the stigma of mental illness and social disadvantage
- Maximize the social good from the community’s generous donations
- Strengthen communities…when people WORK communities WORK
|RESPECT – Above all else, we embrace diversity and treat all people with dignity|
We celebrate what we do
We lead by example and fully use our strengths and abilities
We anticipate, acknowledge and support the needs of others in a positive, helpful way
We believe in what we do, and do it to the best of our ability … meeting the highest ethical standards as good social, financial and environmental stewards
We learn continuously, embrace new ideas and innovation, and serve others in a positive, respectful way
We listen, share openly and value every voice
We have fun working together honestly, safely and productively … together we make a difference