Goodwill Platform: Edgar + Joe’s Café
Job Location: London, ON
Position Type: Full/Part time
Application Deadline: March 31 2017
Changing lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development and employee and family strengthening for those who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
What’s a Line Cook?
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the line cook will be responsible for producing high-quality food and promoting culinary expertise. The successful candidate will have a flexible schedule and have an aptitude for mentoring, training, and sharing knowledge with others. Our kitchen primarily uses from scratch recipes, giving us an opportunity to utilize and hone our skills on a daily basis.
What’s the role?
- Preparing high-quality food under the direction of the Executive Chef
- Delivery of custom food items (e.g.: platters for catering events)
- Adhering to our high culinary, safety and hygiene standards in all aspects of work
- Operating cooking tools and machinery safely, as required
- Following our production schedule in order to meet business demands
- Applying garnishments, decorations, and fresh flourishes
- Training and coaching co-workers to pass along skills and experience
Do you fit the part?
- Are you knowledgeable and respectful about culinary hygiene and safety?
- Do you have a minimum of 3 years of culinary experience in a restaurant environment?
- Do you have any catering experience? This would a great asset, but is not required.
- Do you have any culinary credentials (e.g.: Red Seal)? This also would be a great asset, but is not required.
- Do you have expert-level knowledge of cooking recipes, methods and best practices?
- Are you creative and innovative in developing original recipes?
- Do you have strong organizational skills?
- Are you capable of making decisions independently?
- Are you motivated and capable of working productively both alone and on a team?
- Do you have a strong aptitude for mentoring, training, and sharing knowledge with others?
- Do you desire to learn and grow, especially with regards to marketing?
- Are you able to meet the physical demands, including:
- Frequent standing, pushing and pulling
- Frequent bending, twisting, kneeling, carrying, reaching forwards and overhead
- Frequent gripping, cutting/slicing
- Frequent lifting or carrying, occasionally up to 45 lbs.
What’s in it for you?
- Fun and challenging work environment
- Support for your personal growth and development goals
- Guaranteed hourly wage
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role.
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Please apply by 4:30 PM, March 31 2017 to:
Manager of Food and Hospitality, Edgar + Joe’s Café